We live and breathe the outdoors with the sunshine on our face and the sea on our skin. Unfortunately, too much sunshine can be harmful to our young Cosmo Crew’s precious skin, particularly during the middle of the day when the sun is harsh and the ultraviolet (UV) rays are strong.
While vitamin D from the sun is important for healthy bones, overexposure to the sun’s UV rays can cause lasting skin damage, eye damage, and skin cancer. Babies are particularly susceptible with thinner skin and underdeveloped melanin. Melanin is the pigment in our skin which protects us against harmful UV rays.
Cosmo Crew products provide UPF 50+ sun protection to allow for extended adventures and time in the sun. Here are some other sun-safe tips to follow, whether you are hitting the beach or carving up the snow:
- Keep babies in the shade, particularly under 6 months of age
- Apply abroad-spectrum sunscreen 20 minutes before going in the sun. Find one that has been proven safe for babies and children
- Avoid the hottest time of the day in the sun from 10am-2pm
- Don some stylish sun protective sunglasses to keep little eyes protected
- Wear a hat for extra coverage on the face and neck
- Wear Cosmo Crew Sea & Snow protective products that provide 50+ UV protection